Material Required For Basic Bodice Female
- Muslin fabric
- Bobbin Pins
- Measuring Tape
- Pencil or Chalk
Steps for Draping Basic Bodice Female
- Measure maximum curve on the front half bodice starting from center front passing through apex point and ending at side seam just below the shoulders . write down the measurement .
- Measure the length of bodice pattern starting from shoulder along with the princess line ending at waist . write down the measurement
- Cut the rectangular piece of fabric according to the measurements keeping 5cm’s margin at center front side and waist side.
- Place the fabric in dummy and pin it . drape in such a way that it covers shoulders and sides of front leaving no space.
- Pin the neck area and shoulder area . slash the extra fabric from the shoulder area . keep the grain lines straight .
- pin up the armhole and slash along so the fabric fits
- Adjust the side seam and pin it up .
- Hold the extra fabric around waist and convert to waist dart along the princess line . slash if needed around the waist
- Mark the neckline , armhole curve , side seam and the waist dart with either pencil or chalk .